Koko crater pano

Koko crater pano
best view of the island

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mariners ridge hike

I was reading on facebook (on the Oahu Weekend Hikers) page and saw they had a Mariners ridge hike with a bunch of dogs and a ton of people. Usually when I hike it's solo so I thought it would be fun to see a lot of hikers for a change.
Another beautiful day for a hike. Great thing about Mariners Ridge is its mostly under the trees.
I'm always hoping people follow this sign!! But they dont... so you gotta be careful with your steps!
Fun easy hike with not too much tuff parts. Best hike for beginners because the view is worth the effort. Short but sweet...

Few of the many different groups I saw today going up Mariners. All friendly like most hikers are.
View towards the ocean. I'm always trying to make a nice black/white shot and never can...

And before you know it, I'm at the top already. 50 min with a bunch of sidetracks taking pictures and chatting with the many hikers.  949 feet in  1.27 miles is steep but not a killer.
Decided to head off towards town direction on the newly made side trail. Showed 2 girls where it was and they just zoomed on it!!
Nice view of Olomana from the top of the hill. Great spot for lunch too.. too bad I didnt bring any!
since I was sitting and relaxing, I took a shot of the stats to the hill. Super easy climb that just about anyone can do.
When I got back up to the look out. boy were they are lot of people up there!! And a ton of super friendly dogs!!

Had to try my hand at a people pano!! They dont work that great unless everyone stays still... you can see my mistakes if you look close..
While goofing off at the lookout, might as well take a few more pictures.
Opps, this one should have been near the beginning of this lol. Nice view of the two Koko craters.
I was talking to a young couple and told them about the new trail and off they went. I waited till they go on the ridge and took some shots of them making their way to the  hill.
And before you knew it, they were at the top. I didnt stick around to see if they went further along the trail cuz I had to get home and cook dinner lol.
Super fun day! Got to meet a bunch of hikers and saw some people who I know from their posts on forums/facebook. Oh, yeah, sorry again for getting in your super pano  group shot (guy from the spca group). Your camera is crazy wide!!  I should have wrote down which camera you had cuz now I want one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment