Koko crater pano

Koko crater pano
best view of the island

Sunday, September 4, 2011

yeah, koko again

great day so off to Koko Crater again Aug 26 friday

 start of the trail. not that many people today prob cuz it was too hot!! Was bit tired from my hike at the Pali so didnt expect good time.
 23 minutes! surprised me with the quick time. Prob because not that many people so i didnt stop and chat like always do!
 the metal grating on the "house" on the top. looked like it had to be black/white.
 Facebook moment.
 I wanted to try get my poor legs in shape so decided to go down the bridge again. More I go down, the easier it gets.
 here you can see the road that snakes along the coast. the stone bridge is on the left side of frame.
 Stone bridge from the side. Its pretty fat looking and you cant tell how steep it is from this shot.
 closeup shot of the cracked looking rocks. even when they are wet, they give great traction.
 looking back up to the top. looks pretty far!!
 view to the ocean. super great day and had a nice breeze.
 pretty big stone pile near the stone bridge, always wonder what these are for?
 Curvy road that runs along the coast. I dont recommend walking along that road! those cars come whizzing past you w/out slowing down.
 Time to hit back up after short break. I time myself how long it would take to get back up to the top. Only took about 15 minutes to get up. Way quicker then the steps.
and once again, total stats. 2,230 feet climbing for 2.44 miles. great workout thats not too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment