Koko crater pano

Koko crater pano
best view of the island

Monday, August 15, 2011

Koko Crater for zillionth time!

Did Olomana yesterday so today I was going to just sit home and rest up, then got bored so off I went lol
Can't see in the small picture but on the larger size, you can count almost 50 people going up/down Koko Crater today!!
Don't think I've seen it do busy but I guess going up there on a Sunday at 10am is prime time!! Or maybe just going up on a Sunday. Think last week Saturday I went and there was almost no one there.
First time I've seen multiple people going on the west rim. Had a group of 3 coming back up the top and a solo hiker going towards Makapuu direction. If you look closely you can see him. Even tho I was tired from yesterdays hike, only took me 23 minutes (via my GPS) or 25 minutes (via my watch) to make it up!!

Wow, look at that parking lot!! Almost full of cars with tons of people either coming or going! If you like hiking where there are a ton of people, Koko Crater or Diamond head are the top two!!










No comments:

Post a Comment