Koko crater pano

Koko crater pano
best view of the island

Friday, August 5, 2011

Koko Crater X 2.. yeah im nuts.

Rotten building I live in turned the water off for a few hours so couldnt go anywhere till it was back on. Since late start, only place to go hike and get back in time was Koko Crater (insert heavy sigh).
Cute stump at start of trail that screamed "Black/white!".. I should have erased the power lines but laziness got me again.
25 minutes again! Not bad since I did this hike 2 days in a row. Think its the 10 minutes of gasping for breath that slows me down.

Again a ton of people at the top all doing their own things. After chatting with a few random hikers, off I went. Today (thurs, Aug 4th) I had a plan of hiking down to the stone bridge. Ive gone up it like 3 times but never down so...

View of my "trail". Going down there isnt really a marked trail because its all rocks. Not hard at all, you just but slide your way down!
Beautiful, HOT day. Great for pictures but bad for my poor sunburned neck. This was shot about halfway down.
Made it to the bottom of the bridge, checked up on the geocache then time to head up. Here's shot of the bridge. I swear some parts of the bridge are soooo steep you have to crawl up them!!
Shot of the ridge next to the stone bridge to show how steep it is! Wonder what angle that is? 45?

View to the top from halfway up bridge. Now is getting easier.. or is it? hmmmm
Oops, forgot shot of the lowest point I reached. So, its like an 800' drop getting down to the bridge.
And finaly tally for the whole trip. 2 miles with 2,168' in climbing. Pretty good work out and fun too! I loved the rock climbing part of the bridge! Think ill have to do this again on bored/rainy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment